Sunday 3 December 2017

Oops!

Last night I was out celebrating my brother's gorgeous fiancee, and was reminded through idle small-talk conversations that I do, indeed, have a blog!  Hahaha!

I'm sorry.  Again.  I've failed miserably at keeping up with this blog.  It's not that I don't think of writing, because my brain works a mile a minute and I could have totally written a novel since my last post.  I've been incredibly busy these past few months with summer holidays, harvest, and photography sessions. Also, many of my thoughts and ideas may come across as being quite controversial for some. 

I hate this crazy society that we've become.  A person's own ideas and opinions & experiences are judged so incredibly drastically, that I almost fear offending my readers.  Almost.  Just enough that I refrain from sharing my experiences and opinions on many matters.  Lately, everything that I would like to share seems to offend our "butt-hurt" society, and I just don't feel like defending my own life experiences & my personal take on them to the point that I can't remember them with enjoyment. 

I am not done with this.  No, by any means, I should be gearing up and letting the words fly across the cyber world that we seem to have drowned in.  Instead, I will bide my time until it feels right for me.  I would like to think that what I have to say is just a small drop in the bucket, which it is; but some people may take it the wrong way and blow it out of proportion & fill the bucket unnecessarily.  The readers need to remember that I am a stay at home mother, who is married to a farmer, who is married to the land that provides for us.  We don't leave often.  I speak to children (school age and mid-thirties, hahaha!) day after day, year after year.  Sometimes, I need to vent to a general audience, just to get the words out of my head.  Which means it may be offensive to others, or it may just be the words you have been searching for yourself.  Either way, if you want to continue following this blog, please feel free to do so.  But don't expect me to sugar coat anything.  And don't expect me to apologize for my life, the world, and the way that I see it.  I once read a quote by Henry Thoreau: "The question is not what you look at, but what you see."  It couldn't have been closer to the truth for me.

Right now, I'm going to bake Christmas sugar cookies with my kids and yell at them while they totally mess up the icing on all the cookies and fight about who gets which cookie cutter.  And guess what? I'm going to enjoy the hell out of my Sunday!

Until next time,
Cheers!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment